Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 11, 2016

Well family and friends,
Another week has passed by and I'm getting closer and closer to seeing my family. Today has been really weird. As I have gone throughout the day, a lot of people have been telling me that I am almost going to be in my house, but to be honest, I know that I am almost about to finish the mission, but lately I haven't felt like it's been two years, sometimes when I think about leaving all that I am doing here, it makes me sad.  But I have to enjoy every last moment. I have to keep working hard until the last hour that I have. I am so greatful for all of you guys that have written me and have encouraged me to keep moving forward. Thanks for everything.

So this week was a week of ups and downs. I think this last week has been a week of the biggest up and down that I have had in my mission.  First, there has been so many ways that satan has tried to get us to not accomplish what we need to do in our area and there has been a lot of work on his part to stop us from helping these people overcome their trials and to overcome their fears and to be baptized in the church of Jesus Christ.

The two biggest blessing that I have seen in this last week, have been with the cousins of our recent convert, Gaby. Gaby is 22 years old and her cousins are 11 and 8 years old and a while ago their mom had never given them permission to come to church but they now have attended with us 6 times! Also, this week their mom gave them permission so that they could be baptized on the 30th of July! She told us that she wanted that her daughters could be baptized together and that she would give them support to be baptized on the 30th. So we are now trying to help these two girls get ready to be baptized on the 30th of July! Their names are Tyra and Ares and they love coming to church!

Also, this week I was reading in 3 Nephi 11 and I love the part after Jesus Christ descended on the American continent, becasue the first words that he says are, I am the light and the life of the world.
Jesus Christ really is our light because he lightens our path. He shows us what way we need to go. Also, Jesus Christ is the life of the world because he suffered for our sins. He died so that we have purpose in our life, he died so we could live again, and only through him is all this possible. He is the only name given under heaven that could die for our sins and that we could be saved.

I love you guys!

Elder Flygare




No comments:

Post a Comment