Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 6, 2016

Hey family and friends,
How are you guys doing!?

Dad, Chace, I'm so grateful to hear from the experience of Moroni's Quest, I wish I was there to see how they did the re-enactments of the Book of Mormon.  Sounds like it has strengthened your testimonies and has helped you guys love the Book of Mormon more!

Well this week has been great! Right now I have had my new comp for 6 days, but I feel like we have been companions for a lot longer than that! We get along so well and we haven't had any problems.  So my companion is Elder Cardenas and he is from Guatemala. He's from Xela, which is pronounced shayla.  He has 18 months in the mission and he will be going home in November.
Also, we had a baptism last Sunday that was confirmed yesterday! and we were going to baptise him but he is a ton of fear of the water! He was crying so much so he didn't get baptized. We hope that he will be baptized this Saturday.  We are going to try to help him overcome his fear by taking him to the church during the week so he can overcome his fear and enter the water.  If not we are going to throw him in! haha jk! (I believe he is talking about a different person than the one who was baptized last week, little confusing.)

Well, also this week we had a great week of working. We found 16 new people to teach and we put 2 new baptismal dates for the 30 of July. Also, we had 6 investigators in sacrament meeting.
We hope that they will be baptized in these next 2 months! and we hope to keep working hard to really help this area be a model area for the rest of the zone.

Well I read in 1 Nephi chapter 18- 22 this week, but I would like to leave these chapters as an assignment this week so you guys can read it and share with me what you learned. and I will share with you guys next week what I learned!

Thanks for everything! have a great week!

Elder Flygare

No comments:

Post a Comment