Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 13, 2016

Hola familia y amigos!

Well this week was also filled with a ton of success and a ton of miracles. We had a great week and we are also seeing a ton of blessings in the zone that I am in!
Well I have had a lot of blessings in this last week that I don't think I can count all of the blessings. Well the biggest blessings and the biggest miracles that I had this week was with our two new fechas that we put for next Saturday which will be the 25 of June! Also we had 5 investigators in sacrament meeting!

Well the first blessing is, that one investigator whose name is Catalina. She is 79 years old and is the great grandma of two kids who are members and we went to visit them and we went to also teach their family and to reactivate them. So we went to teach her for the 3rd time and she attended church with us this last week and she loved the sacrament meeting, and her great grandchild shared his testimony in the sacrament meeting and she started to cry.  So we went to her house and we started to teach her and we had some doubts of her because she is super Catholic but we felt that she could really progress as an investigator. So we invited her to pray and ask if the message that we shared was true and if she knew that these things were true that she would be baptized on the 25th of June and she said yes I will pray and ask God if I should be baptized. So after that lesson we were super pumped up and excited that she said she would pray, and then she told us the next day that she received an answer, but she was very sad when she told us that she received an answer. So we ask, well what was your answer? And she told us, I asked God if I should be baptized on the 25 of June and he answered my prayer at 12 at night and he said yes Catalina, what you have asked is right and you should do what you have asked.
When she told us this she began to smile with the biggest smile in  the world and was almost jumping up and down with so much excitement. She then grabbed our hands and kissed our hands and then asked well what else do I need to do if I'm going to get baptized? So we are teaching her all of the lessons and hoping that she will attend church this next week so that she can be baptized on the 25th of June.

Also the other great miracle that we saw, was that our other baptismal dates for this next week is called Gaby Giron, and she is 22 years old and has attended church now like 20 times but has never wanted to be baptized so we went to visit her family and her and she told us that she wasn't ready to be baptized and then we started to share an activity that was super spiritual and her family that is members were crying at the end of the lesson and she was teary eyed and then she told us that she would prepare to be baptized on the 25 of June.
These are just two of the miracles that we have seen and there are many more that I will share with you guys next week!

Well I just want to leave you guys with a scripture that's in the chapter that I left for you guys to read last week and nobody told me what they learned... that makes me sad that nobody responded what part was there favorite.
Well mine was in chapter 19 verse 23... and at the end, Nephi explains that when they read the scriptures they applied every teaching to their lives so that they could live better lives and be better sons and daughters of God. They realized through their scripture study the potential that God knew they could become and they knew where God set the bar!
I feel like we need to apply the scriptures more to our lives so that we can realize our mistakes, repent and become new and better people.
I invite you guys to read the first 5 chapters of 2 Nephi and tell me what caught your attention most in these chapters.

Thanks for everything! Have a great week and read the chapters!
Elder Flygare


No comments:

Post a Comment